Jan Randall is an award winning composer performing original blues and jazz songs as a solo pianist/ vocalist. He has worked with Otis Rush, Amos Garrett, Gary US Bonds, and Bo Diddley.
In 2008, his first solo album Good Fair World was independently released and promoted with a tour of North America and Europe to widespread critical acclaim. Last year he released Wait in Line which reached CKUA‘s top 10 and currently has a hit single Feel the Sun.
He also wrote and performed over 50 original comedy songs for the hit radio series The Irrelevant Show in the styles of different artists including Prince, Joni Mitchell, Loreena McKennitt, Frank Sinatra and Cher. Currently he is co-leading Rhythm Train, a blues band with Jack Lavin (Powder Blues).
WAIT IN LINE (2021)
- Wait in Line If we have to cue up for everything we might as well do a funky dance
- Feel the Sun Celebrating the beach party we dream of all winter long
- My Brother I can love my brother even if he believes in things I can never accept
- The Konspiracy King Why do so many prefer to be ruled by fear?
- River of Life My mother told me we come from the River of Life when I was a kid
- Bend with the Times The best plan is often no plan at all
- In Between Day Exploring the grey zone between extremes
- Zihuatenejo Tradition versus tourism in a Mexican village
- Before the Music Love isn’t real until you know how to survive a spat
- Lost in a Dream See if you can spot the Italian phrase in the lyrics